Web based program recording is non-deterministic
dogbrain
Contributor - Level 1

Attempting to schedule recordings from https://www.verizon.com/fiostv/myservices/Members/ftvc5/tvlistings.aspx  is now an exercise in futility.

Behavior with chrome, firefox and IE can be the same or different in a given session.  Resetting the browsers can actually make programming inoperable, as the verizon web site stopped seeing the Quantum STB with IE.

Resetting or rebooting the STB has no apparent effect.

If sessions work somewhat, they also hang randomly for varying amounts of time.`

According to Verizon, their view of the servers indicates everything is fine, and I should switch to their phone app instead of using a web browser from my desktop.

Also, if one cannot remedy issues with chat or tier 1 support, Verizon now charges $$ for what they call "premium tech support" - which I interpret to mean  tier 2 or higher customer support.

Has anyone else seen these kinds of issues or am I the only soul on the planet who still uses this interface?

0 Likes
Re: Web based program recording is non-deterministic
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I did it not that long ago (within the past couple of weeks) and had no issues.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just used the link you gave and recorded a movie

Using Chrome VER 52.0.2743.116n   up to date

0 Likes
dogbrain
Contributor - Level 1

Behavior with chrome, firefox and IE can be the same or different from day to day - even with cache clearing.

0 Likes