Switch Account

What STB setup do I need

What STB setup do I need

SOLVED
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(3,751 Views)

I currently have 5 TV's running on Cox Cable with STB's. 1 TV on DVR, 1 on a Digital Box (without recorder) and the rest on general cable connections.

I am considering FIOS but I'm confused on how this works with 5 TV's.

Will I have to pay extra to have all 5 on FIOS?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(3,727 Views)
Unless your TVs have a QAM tuner built in (most newer sets have this) you will need an STB for each set.  If you have a QAM tuner you will only get local SD, local digital (HD), music, and PEG channels - NO NATIONALS like ESPN, USA, FX, etc.  On initial install Verizon will charge you an additional fee for each TV over 3.  You can avoid this by getting 3 initially and then ordering 2 more (for self install as long as you are comfortable with that) later.
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.