What STB setup do I need
mcmdm50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have 5 TV's running on Cox Cable with STB's. 1 TV on DVR, 1 on a Digital Box (without recorder) and the rest on general cable connections.

I am considering FIOS but I'm confused on how this works with 5 TV's.

Will I have to pay extra to have all 5 on FIOS?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What STB setup do I need
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Unless your TVs have a QAM tuner built in (most newer sets have this) you will need an STB for each set.  If you have a QAM tuner you will only get local SD, local digital (HD), music, and PEG channels - NO NATIONALS like ESPN, USA, FX, etc.  On initial install Verizon will charge you an additional fee for each TV over 3.  You can avoid this by getting 3 initially and then ordering 2 more (for self install as long as you are comfortable with that) later.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What STB setup do I need
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Unless your TVs have a QAM tuner built in (most newer sets have this) you will need an STB for each set.  If you have a QAM tuner you will only get local SD, local digital (HD), music, and PEG channels - NO NATIONALS like ESPN, USA, FX, etc.  On initial install Verizon will charge you an additional fee for each TV over 3.  You can avoid this by getting 3 initially and then ordering 2 more (for self install as long as you are comfortable with that) later.
0 Likes