What Sata drives are compatible with 72161 STB?
aaronw007
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What Sata drives are compatible with 72161 STB?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I am not aware that Verizon has released a list of "certified" external drives.  Most of us in the beta test have been using the WD 1 TB MyBook AV DVR expander (WDBABT0010HBK-NESN) without issue.  There has been talk that the WD 2 TB may also work (and be able to use the full 2 TB) but I don't know of anyone that has tested that option.  Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer (user to user) forum, so unless the poster has a VZ user name (which mine DOES NOT), nothing said here is official.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I am not aware that Verizon has released a list of "certified" external drives.  Most of us in the beta test have been using the WD 1 TB MyBook AV DVR expander (WDBABT0010HBK-NESN) without issue.  There has been talk that the WD 2 TB may also work (and be able to use the full 2 TB) but I don't know of anyone that has tested that option.  Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer (user to user) forum, so unless the poster has a VZ user name (which mine DOES NOT), nothing said here is official.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

so far just western digital my book's,  the twitter guy says the hard drive "needs to support over 100Mbps sustained I/O (40Mbps write) - hard core performance"

I don't think they have an official list yet,  

0 Likes