What TV tuner can I buy to have ability to watch DVR recorded shows from computer when not at home?
sarahmm4

I am going on a month-long trip and want the ability to watch the recorded shows from my DVR at home, on my computer while I'm overseas.  From the FAQ help, I was able to learn that you can get a TV tuner to watch DVR shows on your computer.  Does a TV tuner give me the ability to do this when I'm not at home or does it actually have to be connected to my TV?  If so, what are some specific models that are known to work with FIOS dvr shows?  If not, how can I accomplish my goal of being able to watch dvr recorded shows from my computer when out of the country?

0 Likes
Re: What TV tuner can I buy to have ability to watch DVR recorded shows from computer when not at ho
johncougar
Enthusiast - Level 3

get a slingbox and attach that to your DVR box

0 Likes
Re: What TV tuner can I buy to have ability to watch DVR recorded shows from computer when not at ho
sarahmm4

Is there a particular model that you recommend?  Have you used this and been able to successfully watch recorded DVR programs on your computer when not at home?

0 Likes