What do I do about broken equipment?
RCaparco

I have the multi room dvr and another hi def box. They are both very glitchy, they freeze all the time then its like someone pressed 10 buttons at once. I call service and if Im patient, they just do tests and stuff but its such a waste of time. Can I bring them somewhere? How do I set up service when I cant talk to someone? My plan is to stop paying my bill until someone calls me.

0 Likes
Re: What do I do about broken equipment?
tns
Master - Level 2

You can try one of the store locations if they are near you

http://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocator/

0 Likes
Re: What do I do about broken equipment?
Justin46
Legend

@RCaparco wrote:
My plan is to stop paying my bill until someone calls me.

Obviously you can do whatever you want, but I think you will be very disappointed in the results if you choose to stop paying your bill. Verizon almost certainly will cut off your service, and if you are in a contract they will charge you the early termination fee, and eventually send the bill out for collection. I really don't think you want that to happen.

Now as to what you have described. What are the model numbers of the DVR and STB? If they are QIP6xxx boxes, those are the original FiOS TV STBs and IMO do not work well at all with the newest levels of the IMG (1.9 and 1.9.1), and I would encourage you to take them to the nearest store and try to exchange them for the newer QIP7xxx boxes. If you already have the newer boxes, or even with the older boxes, have you tried pulling the power plug and forcing them to restart? If not, I encourage you to try that (there is also an option under Customer Support in the Help menu on the STBs that offer some diagnostics and restart options, I encourage you to also try them if you have not already done so).

What you are experiencing is not at all normal. I have a QIP7232 DVR with the Multi-room feature and two QIP7100-P2 HD STBs and they work flawlessly.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes