What does it take to have a clean billing/exchange transaction?
pdxhz

OK, it started with my repeated calls to tech support regarding my flaky HD-DVR (6xxx series). Finally I was told by the tech support to call the billing and ask for a replacement/exchange to the newer model (7xxx). I did that and asked the the CSR repeatedly if indeed I will be receiving the aforementioned newer model. I was assured that I was. Called 5 days later to check on the status, and was told, by a different CSR, that two DVR's are scheduled to be shipped! Of course she apologized for the mistake and asked me to return the extra one unopened. I got home today and found a single DVR box from Verizon outside the front door. I opened the box and it turned out to be another 6xxx series HD-DVR box! Now I have to drive this thing to the nearest UPS store to send it back, while I am still dealing with the old DVR issues. Problem unresolved.

Is this yet another indication that Verizon still has a long way to go before getting its act completing together regarding these types of issues? Does anyone know if there are plans to address these (and other ongoing billing-related) issues in a serious and thoughtful manner? I must say that if this keeps up, some folks might just forego the outstanding PQ of FIOS and opt out of the service due to the frustrations of after-sales issues. 

0 Likes
Re: What does it take to have a clean billing/exchange transaction?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
What problem are you having with your current DVR?
0 Likes
pdxhz

@Telcoguru wrote:
What problem are you having with your current DVR?
Well, constant display of wrong recording time, front display reverting to channel no. even though it is set to display the clock. You know, the annoying stuff that I did not experience before. It seems that I need to reboot the STB once a week. However, all of that is besides the point regarding the particular issue I described above. 
0 Likes
shrtblondie

Good luck returning your equipment.  I returned mine in August and Verizon is now billing me because they say they haven't received it.  I responded to their letter in August with the person who signed for it and now I am being billed for the unreturned equipment.  I called again on Friday and because verizon customer service has such great hours they couldn;t do anything until Monday.  I will be totally impressed if they actually call me back regarding the matter.

All I can say is keep your UPS receipt and follow up for its delivery. Verizon has a long way to go to keep up with its competitors with regards to TV.  Wireless is awesome in my opinion.  Cheaper rates will only take them so far.

0 Likes
Ucamuk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth, the pre-paid shipping label included in the box allows for pickup by UPS.  Just call the 800 number on the label.

Make sure to keep your receipt showing the tracking number.  A day or two after pickup, you can go to UPS.com and type in the tracking number for a delivery receipt which will show delivery date and who (at Verizon) accepted the delivery.

Don't try to arrange for the pickup on line, apparently it doesn't work with tracking numbers beginning with "K", you have to call them.

I know this because I've had to do it twice already.

0 Likes
texastown

Check the link for local Verizon offices where you can return, and I assume (not sure, it just says return, but worth checking out), get new boxes.  It would make it easier than the mail:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.ht...

Message Edited by texastown on 10-20-2008 01:14 PM
0 Likes
pdxhz

@texastown wrote:

Check the link for local Verizon offices where you can return, and I assume (not sure, it just says return, but worth checking out), get new boxes.  It would make it easier than the mail:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.ht...

Message Edited by texastown on 10-20-2008 01:14 PM

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately Oregon is not yet on the list.
0 Likes