What does the "remove option : press C" do in IMG 1.9?
newdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've noticed that you can press the "c" button to remove the option of a program in IMG 1.9.

What does it do? I don't see anything happening.

Is there a IMG 1.9 guide online somewhere? IMG 1.9 seems to have new features, and I'd like to have a better idea of what they are.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What does the "remove option : press C" do in IMG 1.9?
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@NewDaddy wrote:

I've noticed that you can press the "c" button to remove the option of a program in IMG 1.9.

Is there a IMG 1.9 guide online somewhere? IMG 1.9 seems to have new features, and I'd like to have a better idea of what they are.

It sounds like you saw the "Press C to disable Modes" legend.

Modes are filters you can set so that only a certain subset of channels are displayed in the guide or when channel surfing using the Channel Up/Down buttons.

For example, there's a Mode for sports channels. Selecting it will cause the box to only show sports channels. There are also modes for Movie channels, HD channels, your Favorites and channels you subscribe to.

There are two distinct Mode settings you can change: one for the Info Bar (this controls the channels it will flip through when you use the Channel Up/Down buttons) and one for the Guide (this controls which channels are made visible in the various Guide screens.) Both Mode settings can be changed independently of each other.

To change the Mode for the Info Bar, press the right arrow button while watching live TV. The Mode menu will appear. Once you've selected a mode, using the Channel Up/Down buttons will only flip to channels that fit the Mode you selected. You can disable the Mode for the Info Bar by pressing C (hence the "Press C to disable Modes") message.

To change the Mode for the Guide, press the Guide button and then press the Options button and select the desired Mode.

You can always see the current Mode selection at the bottom right corner of the Info Bar and every Guide screen.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

When do you see this message? Is it on a certain channel or after pressing a button? Here's a link to 1.9 information.

http://bit.ly/pk2e08

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@NewDaddy wrote:

Modes are filters you can set so that only a certain subset of channels are displayed in the guide or when channel surfing using the Channel Up/Down buttons.

For example, there's a Mode for sports channels. Selecting it will cause the box to only show sports channels. There are also modes for Movie channels, HD channels, your Favorites and channels you subscribe to.

There are two distinct Mode settings you can change: one for the Info Bar (this controls the channels it will flip through when you use the Channel Up/Down buttons) and one for the Guide (this controls which channels are made visible in the various Guide screens.) Both Mode settings can be changed independently of each other.

To change the Mode for the Info Bar, press the right arrow button while watching live TV. The Mode menu will appear. Once you've selected a mode, using the Channel Up/Down buttons will only flip to channels that fit the Mode you selected. You can disable the Mode for the Info Bar by pressing C (hence the "Press C to disable Modes") message.

To change the Mode for the Guide, press the Guide button and then press the Options button and select the desired Mode.

You can always see the current Mode selection at the bottom right corner of the Info Bar and every Guide screen.

newdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 3

@UnnDunn wrote:

@NewDaddy wrote:

Yes! That was it!

Thanks.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

When do you see this message? Is it on a certain channel or after pressing a button? Here's a link to 1.9 information.

http://bit.ly/pk2e08

When I click on this link, I get:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Dashboard.htm#fios-internet

It's a general SUPPORT page, with the heading:

Hi ........., we're here to help.

I tried searching for IMG 1.9 there, but I don't see any such guide.

I know that this guide must exist somewhere, and it seems like I can't rest until I find it.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
molitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the most and UTTERLY **bleep** option!   You press C to watch in HD.. so you think you are selecting HD mode and bam!  there goes your modes!    What the **bleep** were they thinking?  **bleep** engineers have no common **bleep** sense!   Stupid modes should never be turned off that **bleep** easily the reason we set them is we want it enabled!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@molitar wrote:

This is the most and UTTERLY **bleep** option!   You press C to watch in HD.. so you think you are selecting HD mode and bam!  there goes your modes!    What the **bleep** were they thinking?  **bleep** engineers have no common **bleep** sense!   Stupid modes should never be turned off that **bleep** easily the reason we set them is we want it enabled!

I don't believe I've ever seen a post with more "bleeps" inserted by a mod.  Congratulations.

Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

@molitar wrote:

I don't believe I've ever seen a post with more "bleeps" inserted by a mod.  Congratulations.

Yep, except fortunately I don't think any live person had to actually read that silly junk, I feel sure the auto word filter bleeped it all out. And on top of that I have no clue what he/she is complaining about. I have Modes enabled, I have used the C button multiple times to test this after seeing the post, and Modes has remained enabled each and every time.

So besides the bleeps, I think the post is just flat wrong. Plus if you have an SD version and an HD version of the same channel available to you, why would anyone have both in their Favorites list, so why would anyone ever see any SD channel with the C button option unless they specifically went to it (you wouldn't see the SD channel in the Guide and you wouldn't see it when channel surfing, you would have to specifically enter the SD channel number)?

Keller, TX 76248