What exactly are the duplicate SD channels? So I can remove them
francorosso
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suffer from the same massive PROGRAM GUIDE pain as everyone else with FIOS.  Can anyone post a link to a list which actually shows the SD duplicates with their channel numbers so I can edit them out?  I realize Verizon isn't going to provide an easy way to do this like DirecTV, and I am fully capable of editing my program guide, but it would go a lot easier if I just had a list of all those channels in front of me while I edit the guide.  It's just too **bleep** tiring to figure it by myself.

Re: What exactly are the duplicate SD channels? So I can remove them
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you talking about SD to HD duplicates? Or the SD duplicates that start around channel 1700?

I have seen anyone post a link to show all the SD-HD duplicates.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@francorosso wrote:

I suffer from the same massive PROGRAM GUIDE pain as everyone else with FIOS.  Can anyone post a link to a list which actually shows the SD duplicates with their channel numbers so I can edit them out?  I realize Verizon isn't going to provide an easy way to do this like DirecTV, and I am fully capable of editing my program guide, but it would go a lot easier if I just had a list of all those channels in front of me while I edit the guide.  It's just too **bleep** tiring to figure it by myself.

I doubt that anyone can post a list, the content would almost certainly depend on where you are located.

If you really don't know which channels are duplicated between SD and HD, if you will manage your Favorites list(s) on the STBs themselves, it is easy to tell: go to any SD channel you receive, if you see the message at the bottom "Press C to watch in HD" then you know right away that channel is duplicated in HD. At that point you can press the Options button on the remote, scroll down to Favorites, right click, and select the Favorites list to remove the channel from. The problem with this process is that it is long and slow, you do it one channel at a time. But conversely, the positive is that, at any time, it is easy to add or remove any channel from either Favorites list if you make a mistake or change your mind.

If you want to mange your Favorites list on the web, you can only do that for DVRs. You can easily add or remove an individual channel by viewing the schedule and mousing over the channel number/icon and making your choice, but I am not aware of any way to tell directly from that listing which channels are duplicated between SD and HD.

Maybe someone else will have some other suggestions, but I don't know of any way to directly get what you have asked for.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This list will show you a lot of them

National Prime HD/Extreme HD/Ultimate HD/La Conexion

It shows you for example A&E 181/681 HD   181 would be the SD version 

Here is a small sample and I believe it's just the national line up, not the locals.  the locals are specific to your area. 

A&E 181/681 HD
ABC Family 199/699 HD
AMC 231/731 HD
Animal Planet 130/630 HD
BBC America 189
BBC World News 107
BET 270/770 HD
BET Gospel 225
Big Ten 1 330
Big Ten 2 331
Big Ten Network 85/585 HD
Bio: The Biography