What is the latest STB ?
garp001

What is the latest STB available to MA residents.

I currently use a HD QIP6200-2.  Is there any better and smaller box available?

Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: What is the latest STB ?
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

smaller HD box, currently no.

Are you having issues with this stb?

0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola stopped production of the QIP 6200 and 6416, replacements are the QIP 7100 and 7216 (I think that's the right number).

My 6200 stopping working a couple of weeks ago. The replacement was a 7100 - 1. It's the same giant size, don't see any difference in operation, although it's missing the component  connections on the front panel.

Also, if I go to a SD channel and then back to an HD the screen is scrambled and my TV shows a connection lost message for a minute or two before the HD channel comes back on.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@MDFiOS wrote:

Motorola stopped production of the QIP 6200 and 6416, replacements are the QIP 7100 and 7216 (I think that's the right number).

My 6200 stopping working a couple of weeks ago. The replacement was a 7100 - 1. It's the same giant size, don't see any difference in operation, although it's missing the component  connections on the front panel.

Also, if I go to a SD channel and then back to an HD the screen is scrambled and my TV shows a connection lost message for a minute or two before the HD channel comes back on.

You may be able to avoid the delay by setting the SD Over ride setting to OFF.

MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

That seems to have fixed the screen scramble - thanks.

@PJL wrote:

@MDFiOS wrote:

You may be able to avoid the delay by setting the SD Over ride setting to OFF.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@garp001 wrote:

What is the latest STB available to MA residents.

I currently use a HD QIP6200-2.  Is there any better and smaller box available?

Thanks...

I'm in Westford MA.

Got 4 QIP 7100 1 boxes on Friday

0 Likes