What is the monthly fee for a cable card?
SteveC874

Does anyone know what is the monthly fee for a cable card? I plan on using it for a TIVO Premiere DVR. Any known issues?

0 Likes
Re: What is the monthly fee for a cable card?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Last I heard, cable card was $3.99 / month.  Don't know if they upped the price at the same time they increased the STB monthly rental (happened a couple months ago).

With cable card you won't have access to VOD and for certain premium channels (HBO family) you will now be required to pair the card to the device - being required by the content provider to enforce copy flag.

0 Likes
dprin

To date I've paid over $720 in STB rental fees.  I have since bought my own STB.  As of 03-Jan-19 looks like Verizon MCard rental will be $4.99    That's what they told over the phone, but I haven't gotten a bill yet to confirm that.  Be glad they don't also charge for the fiber optic cable, by the foot, running to the house, the ONT (big box) in the basement, the remote, etc. etc.  But maybe that's next ...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes