What ports do I open for Media Manager?
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I'm having trouble getting my Media Manager files seen by my DVRs (QIP-7232s). I have enabled such services that allow me to remotely admin my DVRs from the web, so I know they can be seen on the network. But I cannot get them to see the MM server running on my network.

I have a second router between my ActionTec and my XP Pro (32 b) server running Media Manager and holding all my video files. This is the routher that serves the IP addresses for my network.

Installing Media Manager seemed to go well. No errors.

However, none of my DVRs can locate the Media Manager and the contained files. I suspect I need to open a port or two on the 2nd router to allow the Verizon MoCA router access to the MM application.

Does any one know what ports I need to open?

Re: What ports do I open for Media Manager?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

18000 18001 5050 and 5060 BUT i haven't seen anyone succesfully portforward these so try and let us know what happens. I think your going to have to find a way to get your pc serving on the actiontec. More importantly these mm exe's should be in your firewall exceptions lists. That may be enough to get it working so I would add the vzvideoagent.exe and mediamanager.exe to your software firewalls first test it. If it doesn't work plug your machine into the actiontec and test it. If it works then try the portforwarding. Id get it working to the actiontec first and then try to introduce your other router to the mix

Most people have to bridge the actiontec to get this to work the way you want it to.  

What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations   Be sure to check this out to make sure everything is going to work the way you expect it to. 

0 Likes
Re: What ports do I open for Media Manager?
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Wow, this makes me want to pull my hair out..

It shouldn't be this difficult Smiley Happy

I think I'm going to remove my router and just go with the ActionTec.

When I have more time (and patience) I'll go back into the world of port fowarding.

Thanks!