Customers With Disabilities
quick menu

What type of cable to run?

Copper Contributor
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎12-07-2008

What type of cable to run?

Message 1 of 2 (4,501 Views)

I had Verizon come out to run a television cable to a downstairs room. The wall is an interior wall on the bottom floor of a two story house. The tech said he couldn't do it, he told me to call an electrician.


I contacted an electrician who said he could do it. Now the question is what type cable to run? There is an empty "port" on the Verizon splitter in my attic so I was wondering if just standard 75ohm cable is what needs to be run?


Thanks in advance

Platinum Contributor I
Posts: 6,816
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: What type of cable to run?

Message 2 of 2 (4,467 Views)

Good quality Quad Shield RG-6 coax. Not standard RG-59. Yes both are 75 ohm. The RG-6 has a larger core, and better shielding which is required for the Internet portion of the STB to router.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

  • Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services


Watch Fios