What version of Windows does FIOS Mobile work with?
acecorl1965
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was assured, before signing up for FIOS TV, that I would be able to stream recorded shows from my DVR to my mobile devices AND my laptop when I'm away from home. (Something I was able to do with DISH.)

Streaming to an iPod Touch and an iPad works fine, but pulling up the DVR menu on my laptop only gives me the option to create a new program or delete a recorded program. No option to view a recorded program. After calling, I was told that only computers running Windows 8 and Windows 10 can steam recorded programs from my DVR. My wondows 7 laptop can't. (Would have been nice if they hadn't left that detail out before I signed up.)

My question is, after just talking to a single CSR about the matter, can anyone else confirm that it is in fact possible to stream from my DVR if I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks...

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What version of Windows does FIOS Mobile work with?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn't specifically work witn windows, although some have run some android emulators on Windows and run it under that.  One such is Googles ARC (app runtime for chrome) Welder.

View solution in original post

Re: What version of Windows does FIOS Mobile work with?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn't specifically work witn windows, although some have run some android emulators on Windows and run it under that.  One such is Googles ARC (app runtime for chrome) Welder.