1. A new DVR or STB with support for all standard video formats, and a web browser. Why should we be limited with only streaming video that Verizon wants us to see.
2. Use of a mouse that can be connected via one of the USB ports, and can turned on and off. More of a Window based interface. Perhaps X-Windows like Linux based platform.
3. Why not a linux based DVR platform like TIVO used? If not working with MS, then why not something else completely?
4. If working with MS, then why not a PC based interface with a CPU that will do everything now and in the near furture.
5. SMB file access to connect with MS network shares for file access. One could add a user account and password to the box for file access. The interface could have a file interface like midnight commander.
6. Access to hardware features on the DVR that are there, and customers must pay extra for. Why do we need to pay extra for features that do not even go over Verizons network? The free remote DVR is heading in the right direction even if it is over the Web. Why not just a web based remote feature that can run on the local network and use the guide info that is in the STB.
7. A NEW Guide and or provider that has more and accurate information.
8. Phone service that can be accessed via the STB. Like the Call assistant over the STB.