Switch Account

Where to buy a lead-acid back-up battery for Verizon Fios BBU?

Where to buy a lead-acid back-up battery for Verizon Fios BBU?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 11 of 11
(13,594 Views)

thanks for reassurance.

I called for the 3rd time last night (was on hold for 45 minutes!).  They agreed and said that since there is a 1-year warranty, they would send me another battery.  I guess I have to figure out how to install it myself - shouldn't be too tough I suppose.

Nonetheless, I got real lucky.  I had been hearing that beep for about a week, and did not realize where it came from until I was in the garage doing some cleaning when I heard the beep again.  I think it beeps once every hour.  the lucky part was that had I not realized it until after the 30th, then I would have been out of the warranty period.

If a VZ technician is reading this, it would be nice if the ONT box could at least send a message to either the STB or the customer's e-mail notifying them that the battery needs to be replaced.  I'm sure there could be a simple diagnostic check through the router's settings.  Or perhaps having the box beep a little more frequently.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.