White box with PIN reset heading on screen ...
bobdude11

Ok, so we turned on the TV and the STB in the bedroom today and there was a white box covering the screen saying we have to reset our PIN.

I thought it was the TV until I tested the DVD player and - no white box!

I fixed it by doing the online reset of that STB - worked like a charm (the second time) - no more PIN reset message.

Just in case anyone else has this, it is a large white box with a heading saying you need to reset your PIN. There are three choices:

Enter/Reset PIN

Disable PIN

Cancel

The cursor doesn't move and nothing you do will clear it. The online reset works.

Just an FYI.

0 Likes
Re: White box with PIN reset heading on screen ...
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bobdude11,

Did you use the In Home Agent tool to reset your set top box?  This sounds like it may of been a parental control pin error.  Unplug the power cord to the set top box for 30 seconds will also cause it to check for system updates and can resolve a incomplete update.

Thanks

0 Likes
shida

What is STB and where is the online reset? Having this same issue now. Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes