Switch Account

White box with PIN reset heading on screen ...

White box with PIN reset heading on screen ...

Contributor bobdude11
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(5,253 Views)

Ok, so we turned on the TV and the STB in the bedroom today and there was a white box covering the screen saying we have to reset our PIN.

I thought it was the TV until I tested the DVD player and - no white box!

I fixed it by doing the online reset of that STB - worked like a charm (the second time) - no more PIN reset message.

Just in case anyone else has this, it is a large white box with a heading saying you need to reset your PIN. There are three choices:

Enter/Reset PIN

Disable PIN

Cancel

The cursor doesn't move and nothing you do will clear it. The online reset works.

Just an FYI.

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(5,189 Views)

Hello Bobdude11,

Did you use the In Home Agent tool to reset your set top box?  This sounds like it may of been a parental control pin error.  Unplug the power cord to the set top box for 30 seconds will also cause it to check for system updates and can resolve a incomplete update.

Thanks

Mike_VZ
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms of Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.