Re: Who Would Like To See Verizon Update FIOS / Quantum To Have a Voice Command Feature
Igor_Stravinsky
Enthusiast - Level 3

You missed the point because my comparison was between television services from Comcast and Verizon.  They are competitively priced, compete in the same market, and have similar features. I did not include Roku and Apple TV in the comparison because they are streaming services.

As someone who is paying top dollar for Verizon's FiOS television service, I have every right to expect the same level of service that I was receiving with Comcast's X1 platform. If Verizon as you say chooses not to spend money on upgrading it's FiOS Quantum television platform, then they should be called to task for that and have to deal with the revenue loss from customers switching over or switching back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Who Would Like To See Verizon Update FIOS / Quantum To Have a Voice Command Feature
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yet you switched from X1 for  a reason even though FiOS dores not have voice control.

I don't have X1 as an option anyway. But have never found quantum interface to be overly burdensome.

As long as they don't take away the current interface, I don't care if they add voice.

As I stated, a beta system FiOS tested removed channel numbers.

I find it much quicker to just hit 620 to go to Discovery Channel vs having to say it.

plus I would think it could be annoying to someone else in the room (or even adjoining room) if you were switching around.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

However most customers may not want or need voice control . I used the Apple TV and Roku streaming as a comparison to show how the technology is used and enjoyed.

i use it often to find what’s on my services. I subscribe to many.

but when you switched from cable to Fios you were at that juncture fully aware of what was used. Many cable companies have not upgraded to voice control so the argument is null. It is available to you because of the company you came from, and the area you are in. 

Verizon will not switch out equipment for a small number of customers.

maybe someday.

0 Likes