Who else is distracted by pixelation watching live football on your FIOS TV channels?
Smittyd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The picture quality of the football game (10/5) as watched on Verizon Channel 588 was very poor.  The wide angle shots suffered the most.  The game was distracting to watch due to the pixelation and mangling of the background.  The close up shots were sharp, but most of the action is a wide angle shot.  We have FIOS and two Samsung 4K SUHD TVs, both of which revealed the poor quality of the transmission.

Re: Who else is distracted by pixelation watching live football on your FIOS TV channels?
verizonguynj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing the exact same thing. 

For all live sports programming:  Close up shots look outsanding, but once the camera pulls back everything gets blurred and pixelated.

For 720p channels:  It's brutal, I've never seen such a difference in picture quality between 1080i and 720p channels before.  FOX, ESPN, MLB, ABC....they look awful.

Something has happened, not sure why picture quality has fallen off like this all of a sudden.

0 Likes
Re: Who else is distracted by pixelation watching live football on your FIOS TV channels?
Rajakswany
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed same close ups are sharp

airscapes1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been seeing this on all channles especially in dark scenes.  The backgrounds are all blocked and lack detail.  This is a new problem as of the past year, as I have been a customer since 2009 and have spent over $17,000 with verizon and will be moving to RCN soon if this is not corrected ASAP.  In the past week the ONT has been replace 2 times, I have replace all coax, the splitter was replaced and the DVR was replaced  6 calls have been placed and a tech is schedueled for next week.  After all this I asked a neighbor if I could surf their TV as they have fios.  So I when down, called my wife and we suffed looking for a nice dark movie .. we found one and both our service and the neighbors were very bad.. Neighbor only has a 32" Tv and it is hard to see.. unforunatly for me it is VERY obviouls on a 110" projection screen

Verizon, fix this or loose my money!

verizonguynj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly.  We are paying a premium for FIOS and we are no longer getting a premium picture.

720p looks brutal.  I'm watching the Yankees ALCS on FOX and I want to throw up, flip over to 1080i NCAA Football on CBS and it looks like gold.   Something's up. 

720p channels have never looked worse.  No reason for it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe it is connection to local provider?

I don't see a problem. And I have everything from 32" to 55" TV.

Watched football and baseball this weekend.

0 Likes
airscapes1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CRobGauth wrote:

Maybe it is connection to local provider?

I don't see a problem. And I have everything from 32" to 55" TV.

Watched football and baseball this weekend.

Where are you located OP looks to be in NJ and I am just west of Philadelphia with the same type of issues that Verizon does not want to own in any way.. 3 tech visits.. obvious issue but says he can not see it.. thought my wife was going to back hand him for basicly saying she is nuts or lying as she is outlining the issue with her finger on a still image.. Guess Fios is now like Comcast.. 

0 Likes
NFL on Fox
rudyjr13

I've had this issue for years on Fios and I'm not sure if it's me or others see the same issue. I am watching Eagles game right now and the wide shot they show when the play is unfolding looks horrendous. This happens on multiple TVs and cable boxes. Is it just due to Fox using subpar 720p cameras? I have a Sony XBR55X900E with Fios Quantum DVR. Arris IPC100P2 on the Tv in question.

When Fox moves to on field cameras it looks fine.

0 Likes
treydeuce40

Did you find a resolution?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes