Whole House DVR Series Management
jmstrings

So I have a complaint/suggestion regarding series management in cases where there is more than 1 dvr in a home. We have 2 HD Dvrs and some nights of television we have a lot of shows recording, as shows begin and end their seasons, the schedule is obviously constantly changing.

The problem is that as soon as I get my recorded shows tweaked perfectly so that there are no conflicts, the schedule changes because a new show will start etc... 

My question/suggestion would be, is there anyway we can have all of our series (and recorded shows for that matter) show up in one list so that I can manage them? At the very least when I select record, could the system ask me which dvr I want to record on? If I have 2 shows on my living room DVR recording, and none on my bedroom, currently if I hit record in the living room it just says it can't do it, why can't it be smart enough to know to record it on the bedroom? There are rare occasions of conflicts where it will ask which dvr you want to use.

To recap, 2 dvrs, show me one list of my recorded series, and I when I open my list of recorded shows, just show me everything I have recorded in my entire house..

PS: When viewing a show that is stored on my remote dvr, why does it take 15 seconds after I push "play" for the show to start? Thanks!

0 Likes