Re: Whole House DVR issues
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony,

It is 10 days since your post below.  I am very frustrated by the problem.  I am paying $46 a month for whole house DVR which does not work as advertized.  Customer service has credited my bill $20 a month, but I am still paying for a service I am not receiving and which was a big part of the reason I switched from DirecTV.  Is there an update on this problem?  

Thanks,

Jeff Rafsky

0 Likes
JasonMx

Hi Jeff. Sorry about the confusion; we were waiting for more info from you. Can you clarify whether this is affecting all the set top boxes, or if it matters which DVR the recording is on?

Thanks - Jason M

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jeff,

You may wanty to check signal levels between STBs.

here is how.

Click on My Network

Network Connections

Full Status

COAX Stats

As long as all of the nodes show at least 200 Mbps, you are good.

If you have some connections much below, then you may have a bad connection.
Make sure all of your connections are tight both on STB and at any splitters.

0 Likes
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

It affects all the set top boxes.  The only time it is not an issue is when watching a recorded program on the dvr it is recorded on.  Issues include picture and sound break up as well as the inability to fast forward (program resets to place where you started fast forward from).

I look forward to your insights and some resolution.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
jkrafsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the advice.  FIOS techs have already been on site and checked signal levels between STB's.  They are all over 200 MBPS.

This is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jkrafsky,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes