Whole House DVR issues
linked1

I see a lot of these issues being posted with little to no responses.  I am a new client and have found that the whole FIOS experience has been very below par and I hope to get some responses to the issues I've been facing directly from Customer service with some firm commitments to when they are going to be corrected.

1. Main DVR & Satellite Box in Whole House DVR Setup: Pressing Pause on VOD times out in under 4 minutes (less time than it takes to use the bathroom, answer the phone or make a bowl of popcorn) and when going back in, you are forced to start over from the beginning. Last March you said this would be fixed soon.  It's been almost a year and there has been no fix.

2. Satellite Box: Watching a recorded show and pressing fast forward to the point you want to get to, then pressing place returns you back to the place you started forwarding from rather than leaving you where hit hit play.  

3. Satellite Box: Watching a show that is still recording on the main DVR will suddenly lose the progress bar and you are not able to forward any long, even though the main DVR is a good deal ahead of where you are watching the program. If you skip back or rewind further it still doesn't let you forward back to the point you just were.  You have to stop watching the recorded program then go back and resume.. problem is resuming often brings you back to where you started watching, not where you were when you stopped.

4. All DVRS: It takes a full 2 minutes for your stupid advertisements for FLEX movies to show.  If you can't have them show up instantely then TURN IT OFF or let me opt out.  Movies are cheaper through Amazon, netflix, vudu etc anyway.  There is no reason for me ever to watch a movie through Fios until you fix your price point to be more inline with the other services that are just as easy to access.

5. Satellite Boxes: Watching Live TV, VOD and On Demand suddently started studdering, both picture and sound.  The tech's way to fix this is to stop using HDMI and use Componant cable.  It worked for 2 months without an issue and I am unable to use my google TV with the component cable, I have to use HDMI.  If your equipment is broken, then fix it or give me new equipment, don't just tell me I have to use a new cable so  you don't have to absorb the cost of replacing your broken stuff.

6. Phone: Did you guys sell my new phone number to every telemarketer in the world?  I plugged my phone in after getting your service and I get 40-50 telemarkter calls A DAY.  What the hell?  And the service to not allow blocked or unknown calls doesn't work for **bleep** because I turned it on and I still get blocked and unknown callers all day long.  I had to unplug my phone and stop using it it was so bad.  What good is a service if every call I get is a telemarketer.

That's all I can think of right now.  I'd like to know when these issues will be fixed.  And if they will not, then be honest about it so I can find another service that wil.

0 Likes
Re: Whole House DVR issues
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

linked wrote:

I see a lot of these issues being posted with little to no responses.  I am a new client and have found that the whole FIOS experience has been very below par and I hope to get some responses to the issues I've been facing directly from Customer service with some firm commitments to when they are going to be corrected.

------

Just so you know, these forums are not an official Verizon support channel.  Verizon provides them for customers to help each other.  That's why you see a lot of unanswered issues; if other customers can't help then issues go unresolved in these forums.  You could just as well post on dslreports and get the same non-response from Verizon.

As for your complaints about multi-room DVR, I've experienced similar issues with my Cisco boxes.  I've never found any information about Verizon's plans to improve the DVR.  Verizon's DVR is decent, but not great.  If you want the best DVR in the world, switch to DISH.  Of course, you'll give up all the other stuff that comes with FiOS.

It's been years since I got a new phone number, but when I did Verizon did sell it to lots of folks.  This was long before FiOS.  The calls should die down after a while.  Make sure you put your number on the state and federal do not call lists; they help a little.  You could also ask for a new phone number; I did that once when a line used to belong to a fax machine and I'd get calls at 2:00AM.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
Re: Whole House DVR issues
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello linked,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

AnnieS

0 Likes