Whole home DVR
ScottVA1

I've had a problem recently where I'm recording a show on my DVR in the living room and try to watch it from the beginning in my bedroom, while it's still recording. It won't show on my TV in the bedroom so I try to watch it in the living room and it won't show there either. I don't want to reset in the middle of the show and lose part of the show. I can watch the show live in the bedroom but if I try to access the recording on the DVR it freezes on a black screen then goes back to the show I was watching live.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Whole home DVR
Darko2

Hello! Let's see if I can run some ideas passed you for how I would fix is as an FSC worker. If you are recording a show in one room (dvr), you go into another room, and it's not showing. Is it actually showing as recording on the dvr in your recordings menu? If it is great. When you aren't recording something remove power from the dvr and problem set top box (where it isn't showing). Then remove the coax from fios tv in or rf in. While those are both undone, go to your router, remove power from it, unscrew the coax cable from it (labeled coax) touch the pin at the end, put it back on the router, turn it back on.
Once the router is hooked back up, go to the dvr! Hook the rf in or fios tv in up first, then the power. Make sure you can view the recording. Then do the same for the trouble set top box. Is your recording working where as it wasn't before?
If your dvr freezes and cuts out on a recording (viewed from the actual dvr) you may have a problem with the hard drive on the box if you aren't having channel currently unavailable. Make sure live tv doesn't freeze. If live tv does not freeze but recordings do, call us for a replacement. If live tv had frozen before removing power and coax should have taken care of it.
These steps are called a home network reset. Make sure the recording messes up on the trouble box and the dvr before and after troubleshooting before seeking a replacement dvr, if the issue only occurs on the trouble box, you may reseat your main splitter to try and avoid a tech visit.

0 Likes