Why Does FIOS Quantum Offer Less than Comcast Xfinity?
wtsnkew

It is coming time for my FIOS contract to be renewed and I am having a hard time justifying renewing it.  FIOS Quantum was a huge disappointment for us because:

1. The Remote control lag is terrible, even trying all the reboots etc. IR remotes have been around for ages, this should work, AND it's ridiculous to have to shutdown and reboot all the set top boxes to fix a memory leak at this stage of programming.

2. Althoough the VMS1100 has eSATA ports, they are not enabled.  You cannot export shows to a computer or an external hard drive, both of which I could do with TiVo.

3. ALthough FIOS has an app for my iPad, all I can do is "see" and set up recordings, I can't watch anything from my DVR on my iPad or a Windows PC, AND the FIOS app ONLY works when it's on the same WiFi Network as the DVR, it doesn't;t work over the Internet. 

In theory at least Comcast Xfinity does all of the above.

So my question is, why should I stick with FIOS?  I hve read the forums for months and there is no word from Verizon that they acknowledge these deficits to Xfinity, much less that they have any plans to address these shortfalls in the future.

Without the hope that Verizon is addressing their shortcomings, maybe it is time to move on to what seems to be the better wide area connected service.

0 Likes