Switch Account

Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?

Message 1 of 4
(1,327 Views)

This may seem like a silly question but it's something no one can really answer but everyone I ask thinks its a great idea.  I'll set the situation up:  I change the channel to HBO and I see a movie (let's say Gladiator) is already playing and it's about half way through.  I decide I'd like to watch the movie in it's entirety at that moment  (not search for upcoming shows or schedule a recording in the future).  How come there isn't some sort of link available that will take me directly into On Demand to see if the movie/show I'm currently is available?  Say something like while watching the movie I could press the "Info" button and there is a "Search On Demand" option.  Or even better yet, an area on the Info screen that says "Available on On Demand - Click to watch"  The current process would require me to press the On Demand button (and exit the movie), and either browse through the options (Premium Channels>HBO>All Movies>) and scroll to find "Gladiator" or either press the On Demand button>Search and then enter in "Gladiator" using the on-screen keyboard (not fun)

Like I said, I know its silly in the grand scheme of the world, but it seems like something that wouldn't require a lot (it's not like I'm wishing for a dedicated button on the remote) and would be a nice feature to have.

Anyways what I suspect is that Verizon wants you to browse the On Demand section from the first screen so that you're bombarded with the ads for the up coming pay per views.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?

Message 2 of 4
(1,292 Views)

Try info, info, Until menu with program options, then upcoming shows.  Sometimes the on-demand shows but not always.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?

Message 3 of 4
(1,278 Views)
It is a good idea. However given the situation you mentioned I believe I would just set the movie to record so that I could watch it later. Sometimes a movie will play on live tv but still not be available On Demand.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(1,246 Views)

@logan8 wrote:
It is a good idea. However given the situation you mentioned I believe I would just set the movie to record so that I could watch it later. Sometimes a movie will play on live tv but still not be available On Demand.

Remember if you are already part way into a movie and your tuner wasn't already on that channel (or if its already 1 hour in) you can't just record it.  You need to find upcoming time or a On demand.  The one is easy to do the other may not be, and is what the OP is asking for.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.