Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?
crabby_mikes

This may seem like a silly question but it's something no one can really answer but everyone I ask thinks its a great idea.  I'll set the situation up:  I change the channel to HBO and I see a movie (let's say Gladiator) is already playing and it's about half way through.  I decide I'd like to watch the movie in it's entirety at that moment  (not search for upcoming shows or schedule a recording in the future).  How come there isn't some sort of link available that will take me directly into On Demand to see if the movie/show I'm currently is available?  Say something like while watching the movie I could press the "Info" button and there is a "Search On Demand" option.  Or even better yet, an area on the Info screen that says "Available on On Demand - Click to watch"  The current process would require me to press the On Demand button (and exit the movie), and either browse through the options (Premium Channels>HBO>All Movies>) and scroll to find "Gladiator" or either press the On Demand button>Search and then enter in "Gladiator" using the on-screen keyboard (not fun)

Like I said, I know its silly in the grand scheme of the world, but it seems like something that wouldn't require a lot (it's not like I'm wishing for a dedicated button on the remote) and would be a nice feature to have.

Anyways what I suspect is that Verizon wants you to browse the On Demand section from the first screen so that you're bombarded with the ads for the up coming pay per views.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try info, info, Until menu with program options, then upcoming shows.  Sometimes the on-demand shows but not always.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I easily search on demand for a movie that I''m currently watching?
logan81
Contributor - Level 3
It is a good idea. However given the situation you mentioned I believe I would just set the movie to record so that I could watch it later. Sometimes a movie will play on live tv but still not be available On Demand.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@logan8 wrote:
It is a good idea. However given the situation you mentioned I believe I would just set the movie to record so that I could watch it later. Sometimes a movie will play on live tv but still not be available On Demand.

Remember if you are already part way into a movie and your tuner wasn't already on that channel (or if its already 1 hour in) you can't just record it.  You need to find upcoming time or a On demand.  The one is easy to do the other may not be, and is what the OP is asking for.

0 Likes