Why has the "resume play" feature never worked on rented on demand movies.
Yadayada1
I've had Fios for over 2 years now and have been generally happy, but there is one feature that is driving me and my family crazy! The resume play on rented movies does not work, has never worked, and from reading these forums Verizon has no fix for it. It's been a known issue and it boggles my mind that it can't be fixed. When will there be a fix?
0 Likes
Re: Why has the "resume play" feature never worked on rented on demand movies.
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

This shouldn't be an issue. Just to be sure I tested and the function is working on free and purchased VOD. We would like to look into it further with you. Please check your inbox for a a private message.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
"RESUME PLAY" IS A TOTAL JOKE!!!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT...SOOOOO MUCH!!!
pastranmoore

THE VERIZON ON-DEMAND "RESUME PLAY" OPTION IS REALLY THE OPTION TO "PLAY FROM START"..AND PLAY FROM START, IS ALSO PLAY FROM START- OR "V.O.D ERROR 212: YOUR SELECTION CANNOT BE PLAYED AT THIS TIME". OK, **bleep**?!!!! WHAT EXACTLY IS ON DEMAND THEN??

FURIOUS ANGER!

0 Likes
Resume Play Does not Work On CIsco Boxes
ddawn1

We just got FIOS and are resume play does not work. We have been told that this is a known problem with the CISCO boxes and that Verizon does not expect the issue to be corrected until June 2012. We were told that they can replace with the Motorola boxes but we would loose the large hard drive on the DVR and some current functions with our multi room DVR. At this point we just plan to record the shows we watch and hopefully Verizon will get this fixed by June.

0 Likes
TomB1102
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem seems to have been known to Verizon for several years.  I just completed a Live Chat with a Verizon representative and was told "This should be resolve in few days.".    Is this the standard response Verizon has been providing their customers over the past few years when questioned about the problem?  When I questioned why it's taken so long, I was told "It was resolved in between but there were few settings that were still suppose to be changed and they are working on it. "  If Verizon spent as much time actually fixing the problem as they have in addressing all the inquiries that have been made about the problem, this issue, most likely, could have been resolved a long time ago.  Enough excuses.  Let's have a solution!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It now works more reliably then it did back in 2012.  But is still not always working.  One thing to make sure you do is only start the replay from your libraray folder.

0 Likes