Why hasnt verizon fios tv transitioned to an App already?
edlivian

i know they offer youtube tv, but it doesnt make sense, everyone is transitioning off the platform because most do not want to rent set top boxes anymore, its out of date, and ineffieicent way to get the latest content. 

The only problem i have with youtube tv is lack of YES/MSG, but i am not going to stick around verizon fios tv just for that, it just doesnt make sense that we are here in 2021, and verizon does not want to transition to an app based platform. This reminds me of the downfall of blackberry, and their failure to adapt to iphone/android ecosystem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why hasnt verizon fios tv transitioned to an App already?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, you want TV FHD or 4K streams to occupy your Internet bandwidth?

Fios TV data is transmitted on a separate wavelength of light from the CO. Fios Digital Voice is transmitted yet on anther wavelength of light. So, even you are watching three 4K streams on three STBs, your Internet speed won't be (subscription speed - 75Mbps).

View solution in original post

Ravensfan521

I dont get it either. Im disconecting service and going to xfinity next week and thats a big reason why. They can offer much better rates when they can knock off 20+ bucks from box rentals cause they have an app. They have had the app since like 2018 too. I always assumed fios would eventually make the app availible for TVs but it never happened. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, you want TV FHD or 4K streams to occupy your Internet bandwidth?

Fios TV data is transmitted on a separate wavelength of light from the CO. Fios Digital Voice is transmitted yet on anther wavelength of light. So, even you are watching three 4K streams on three STBs, your Internet speed won't be (subscription speed - 75Mbps).