Why is remote so slow?
dross33333

HI,  I like FIOS, but the one thing I hate is the response from the remote control.  I have a DVR 6xxx and the menus and channel surfing is painfully slow.  If I use the multiroom feature for DVR it is even slower.  I also use ROKU and that remote is so fast. 

Are there any plans to get this to work correctly?  It's not like remote control is new technology.

Thanks
David

0 Likes
Re: Why is remote so slow?
Justin46
Legend

What do you consider "slow"? I have the QIP6416 DVR, a typical channel change takes about 1 second pretty consistently when using the Channel Up/Down buttons, and hitting the Menu button typically takes about 1/2 seconf for the first screen and about the same for subsequent ones. I don't consider that slow, my previous cable system was much slower.

Is it slow on all channel changes, or only between SD and HD channels, in either direction? If SD to/from HD, and you are using HDMI for the connection between the DVR and the TV, then that is the HDMI re-sync communication required whenever the resolution changes. You can eliminate that issue by going into the menu and changing the SD Override setting to OFF (this may adversely affect the picture quality of the SD channels slightly, but it does get rid of the awful delay when switching between SD and HD channels).

Menu ==> Settings ==> Video Settings ==> SD Override ==> OFF

I don't have the multi-room feature so I can't comment on the speed of changing channels there, but I think it is reasonable to expect it to be somewhat slower than doing it directly on the DVR.

Keller, TX 76248