Why limit replacement remotes to 1 without charge
rmk10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a subscriber to FIOS for 6 years and have 5 cable boxes (1 SD, 3 HD and 1 DVR) which costs me $55 per month (or $4000 over 6 years). 3 of the remotes are not working after 6 years so i called verizon to get replacements. After waiting for 60 minutes on hold, the representative said he could give me 1 remote but would need to charge me for the other as Verizon's rule is that they can only give 1 remote ever 30 days. So my $4000 in box rental fees isn't good enough so i need to call back in 30 days and wait on hold for 60 minutes? This is ridiculous. 

Adding to this that my service gets hosed every time the power spikes (which is frequent over the last several months) which requires me to call to get resolved. Why do i stay with Verizon?

Tags (1)
Re: Why limit replacement remotes to 1 without charge
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

rmk10,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes