Re: Why old equipment for new customers?
mack64
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D."

Tonya,

I completed the information in the link you gave.  However,  I have yet to recieve any kind of response or acknowledgment from anyone at verizon.  No email, no phone call, no private message reply... not anything.  I truly hope that your quoted response above is not a public relations strategy attempt to quell customer dissatisfaction.  As I mentioned, this is my last attempt at resolution before I cancel fios tv prior to my 30 day trial period.    

0 Likes
mack64
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I have had a frustrating experience as well.  We ordered Fios in December when we moved to our new house. We had been with AT & T U-Verse and were very happy with their service but it wasn't available at our new home.

After an order screwup which was a nightmare to get Verizon to fix,  the DVR that was installed wasn't working. You couldn't record anything! Another technician came out and said the DVR was going to have to be replaced and he didn't have the new kind we had with him. He gave us a "temporary" older DVR that has much less storage (sorry, I don't have the model #) and promised to call the next week to bring us the new replacement.

Well, it is now March.  I have spent 3 very frustrating hours on the phone with Verizon, transferred to many different people, been told many different things.  And I still do not have any resolution to getting the DVR I originally had ordered.

I am ready to cancel all of the Verizon services." 

Dee,

I agree with you in that is a frustating experience.  It's like ordering from a bakery that is advertising all the great breads and specials they have.  When they deliver your order it's all 3 day old bread...hard and stale!  I know its not the best analogy, but you know what I mean. Smiley Wink  

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning ,

We will be contacting you today after checking for a update on this issue.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Dee1161,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have not checked back here since posting, but hope your concerns are being addressed. I have been a happy FiOS TV customer, and did make the switch from DTV. Personally I believe the picture quality is much better. I had a custom Channel Master Gain Master 1 meter dish I installed, and close to 99 on all transponders. Fios still beat the picture quality. There are a few things that I did miss. A few of channels my wife insisted on having, so I have the minimum DTV Spanish package on two TVs. But if FiOS would add those, they would get all my money, and I would save.

Combining TV, Internet and Phone, saved me almost 50%, and after the first two years, I would say 30%. So the trade off was worth the savings. But now I have to still pay DTV to please my spouse. Err. There goes the 30%. I still like the fiber.

I hope you get all of your issues resolved to your satisfaction.

Best wishes

0 Likes
mack64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks P for checking.  Right now, Tonya is looking into the issue.  I hope to have an answer from her today as my 30 day trial period ends this weekend.  I agree with you regarding picture quality.  I think fios has a slight edge over my dish network on some channels.  However, having a 6416 with 20 hrs HD recording can't compensate for the slightly better picture quality for me personally.  Hopefully, we can work out this situation and I could also enjoy some dollar savings as well.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

mack64,

We were glad that we could get this issue resolved for you.  Please feel free to post here anytime you need assistance with any of you FIOS services.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
Re: Why old equipment for new customers? - UPDATE
Dee1161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am happy to report that a day after posting my message Verizon was at my house with an updated DVR

Thanks you!

0 Likes
mack64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after approximately 4 weeks and much frustration,  I'm happy to report that my set top box issue has been resolved.  I received 3 new 7232 model set top boxes today.  This forum was my last hope before cancelling my fios tv service.  Ironically, today was the end of my 30 trial period and I was going to pull the plug.  

Special thanks to Tonya and the other verizon staff that support this forum.  Your help was much appreciated.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

Most fios stores should have a 7000 series model to exchange, even if it's not the latest black dvr. I suppose they could run out of all the 7000s, but I think this is rare. 

0 Likes