Re: Widget Bazaar Upgrade
Harvestchild03
Enthusiast - Level 2

My widget Bazaar came up a few days ago.  I set up the facebook account and some of the features work.  I cannot pull up my own photos in the category - albums.  It times out everytime with the message, "We are currently unable to process your request.  Please try again later."  I also agree with FIOSMatt.  The display text from friends -status messages is truncated and cannot be expanded.

My first post. 🐵

0 Likes
sherrgibbs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place -

We had Fios installed yesterday for TV, phone & internet. When I try to access the Facebook widget on my TV, it says a parental control pin is needed. I've set up a PIN number and yet when I try to go back to start the widget, it still keeps saying it needs a parental control PIN number.  We have parental controls off - so I guess I'm missing something. Any help, advice or direction to a thread dealing with this [I've searched] would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You must turn the parental controls on before it will work. At least that is what I had to do, I set up the pin only and it didn't work, I then turned the controls on and it did.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Sherrgibbs, I find this to be a major flaw also. You should not have to turn on Parental Controls and then enter a PIN number, a PIN number is more than enough. I hope they fix this.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Parental controls are a good thing to pervent others from modifiying some things on your box. You can always set the restrictions to the lowest levels that pretty much allows everything you would want to view. I also think entering the pin for the website should be enough. I just wish you could view more on facebook than the pictures. Without being able to view the wall it's worthless. Wow there is something I might want to see, so let me get up and go to my PC for what the STB will not show me. Good start though. Kinda like the carot at the end of the stick.
0 Likes
AmyL
I tried to find Facebook & Twitter in the Widgets area last night (7/21) and they weren't there for me. Any ideas what to do to get them to show up?
0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use parental controls on my daughters box to restrict channels/content. I set her Facebook account up which needed me to first enter the parental code and the after entering her username & password I set a Quick pin.

Problem is that everytime she selects the Facebook widget she is prompted to enter the parental code before het Quick pin.

Is anyone having same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Widget Bazaar - Facebook
FiOS-Dave1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a parental password set up and I've correctly

entered my username and password, but I still can't log in to Facebook.

Also, after entering my information, it never gets saved!

This gets tiresome, since I use a mixture of alphanumerics, Upper & Lower case

and punctuations!

Sure wish that Verizon would allow for a standard 101 key keyboard to be

used, either IR or hard-wired!

Twitter comes up OK, although that item is below the bottom of my to-do lists.

Dave

0 Likes