In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
11-07-2010 06:51 PM
Love the DVR but the capacity stinks. I understand that a firmware upgrade is imminent that will allow us to plug in an eSATA external hard drive. I also assume that this will enable us to store more DVR selections. Can you verify this and how will we know it's OK to plug in a eSATA drive.
11-08-2010 05:25 AM
The one problem that I see is that my Fios DVR has no eSata port. It's on the diagram in the manual, but it isn't on the actual unit.
This seems to me to imply that Fios can upgrade the firmware all they want but if there is no physical port, you are S.O.O.L.
11-08-2010 07:27 AM - edited 11-08-2010 09:13 AM
When you log into the forums, you can see the fiostv twitter updates
Twitter Joe... "this week there should be a website where you can request more DVR storage - we will take care of our customers"
I don't know exactly what that means but it was the latest update from "twitter joe"
"twitter joe" also says that they will start rolling out 1.9 in the next couple weeks.
11-17-2010 08:21 PM
Well I guess time will tell, I am however getting very impatient and very tired of spending unnecessary time dealing with the DVR. It's a joke really if they just enable the ENET port I could tie into my NAS drives on my home network and have all of the space I need. Really crazy in this age of technology.
11-19-2010 01:20 PM
If you login to verizon.com/fiostvcentral u can put in your request for the bigger dvr. It puts you on a waiting list and they will call you or email you when its available.
Yep. Here's a link:
I just signed up. I'd sure like to plug a spare 500 GB SATA drive I have lying around in to my 7216. That way it wouldn't matter how many episodes of Martha Stewart my better half recorded. 🙂