Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Will we be notified when we can use the eSATA port?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Will we be notified when we can use the eSATA port?

Message 11 of 13
(734 Views)

we won't even talk about what my better half fills the dvr with.....

💔   :*(     Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 12 of 13
(722 Views)

I am having Verizon installed tomorrow (maybe) and I am also VERY concerned with the recoding space limitation (my current DISH is 250 hours). Anyone hear what additional cost Verizon will slap on to allow an external drive when 1.9 is available?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 13 of 13
(712 Views)

so far there are no rumors of extra price, if you are on twitter, you can follow and ask twitter joe if there will be an extra cost, and if he dances around the question then we know there might be a potential for an extra charge.   at this time on the numerous forums I am on, there isn't even a hint of an extra charge.

should only be the cost of the drive itself, and cross your fingers, you may get the bigger drive 7232 upon installation.  in fact ask if the tech has one, he just might.    they are not available in all areas, so don't get too upset if he does not have one.  just make sure what you get is a 7216 - because the 6416 (those are both dvr model numbers) does not have the capability to add the tb expansion.  only the 7216 does.    or a 7000 series stb. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.