Windows 8 app
sam1573
Enthusiast - Level 1

does verizon have a windows 8 app coming in the future to watch tv on my computer, also can I access my dvr in my home with my computer to watch tv and recorded movies on it??

Re: Windows 8 app
PJL
Master - Level 3

@sam1573 wrote:

does verizon have a windows 8 app coming in the future to watch tv on my computer, also can I access my dvr in my home with my computer to watch tv and recorded movies on it??

I was just told by a Verizon source that an app is in work similar to MyFiOS on iPad and Android (allows DVR management, remote control functions, DVR programming, billing, e-mail, etc.).  I asked about a streaming app like the one on XBOX and iPad and was told that's in work already.  But since we don't have an Android app that does this yet, I'm not holding my breath.

Currently, no platform app supports watching content recorded on the DVR.  The app available on Android (and iPad I believe) does support Media Manager content, including that which you buy or rent.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

directv has an app for it, but not fios.    don't know why.

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

directv has an app for it, but not fios.    don't know why.

I just searched the Windows 8 Store and there is no DirecTV app available. 

0 Likes
Dwight2001

Is there any updates on this issue?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Dwight2001 wrote:

Is there any updates on this issue?

Still no FiOS or DirecTV apps in the Windows 8 store.

0 Likes
work4othertelco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Windows 8 phone but no mobile app for me

hussr
Enthusiast - Level 2

From a developers stand point I don't think anyone wants to make any apps for the windows store. It justs adds another area to spend time and resources, plus the windows store isn't trending as high as the competition, so popular demand wins unfortunately. Google Play and iTunes are already two areas that have separate development streams. Everytime a new feature is determined, it has to be built into the google play (android) and itunes version of the app.. separately. Now add mac and windows into the mix and you have more time and resources being spent making something rather poor to begin with being more accessible. I'd rather verizon just choose one platform that works everywhere or in most places such as silverlight and just focus on making the streams more dynamic and snappy which is the literal BIG PICTURE here. Optimum uses silverlight to power their tv application and that works on mac and windows laptops.

0 Likes