Wiring Diagram For VCR and HDTV

I am using QIP7216, SD-TV (Standard Definition TV) and VCR. The VCR records a program, which is currently selected for the SD-TV and playbacks on the SD-TV. I am going to replace the SD-TV with a HD-TV.

I am looking for a wiring diagram, which enables me to record the program currently displayed on the HD-TV and to playback on the HD-TV or a SD-TV. Please help me.

0 Likes
Re: Wiring Diagram For VCR and HDTV
prisaz
Legend

@RemoteDVR wrote:

I am using QIP7216, SD-TV (Standard Definition TV) and VCR. The VCR records a program, which is currently selected for the SD-TV and playbacks on the SD-TV. I am going to replace the SD-TV with a HD-TV.

I am looking for a wiring diagram, which enables me to record the program currently displayed on the HD-TV and to playback on the HD-TV or a SD-TV. Please help me.

Use the same configuration, but don't expect to record HD on the VCR. The STB will down convert it to a SD signal.The formatting may be a little whacky on the recording. I would say just get a HD STB that will play the recordings from the DVR, and this will allow you to use the HD STB to view other programs for the SD TV. Put the DVR on the HD TV. It sounds like you are trying to do to many things with one box.

0 Likes
Re: Wiring Diagram For VCR and HDTV

As you know QIP7216 is Verizon's Standard HD DVR with STB. I am currently connecting the HD-DVR, VCR and SD-TV as described below:

"HD-DVR AUDIO L & R and VIDIO" are connected to "VCR Input Audio L & R and Vidio"

"VCR OUTPUT AUDIO L & R and VIDIO" are conncted to "SD-TV Input Audio L & R and Vidio"

The steps, I am trying to connect a HD-TV and the VCR to the HD-DVR are:

1) Disconnect the SD-TV from VCR

2) Using component connectors, connect HD-DVR Y Pb Pr to HD-TV Y Pb Pr, and/or HDMI and IEEE1394 connector can be used to connect HD-DVR Vidio to HD--TV vidio.

3) Connect HD-DVR Digital Audio terminals to HD-TV Digital Audio terminals using a Digital Audio Coaxial cable and/or Digital Audio Optional cable. 

With these connection, I can enjoy a program with High Definition while the VCR is recording the program with standard definition.

Any comment or suggestion. 

0 Likes