Wiring Help with the Multi-Room HD DVR with my DVD player
pjkiernan

On the back of my MultiRom HD DVR it has a video in and L, R audio in...Can I hook my up my dvd player to those inputs?  If so what button on the remote controls those inputs so I can see the dvd player..

If I can't, why are they even on the STB?

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wiring Help with the Multi-Room HD DVR with my DVD player
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

They are not operational.

The Moto boxes are manufacured on a standard PC board and chassis with end user (Verizon in this case) options selectable.  For whatever reasons, Verizon has decided not to enable the video inputs, USB, or Ethernet ports.  There are rumors that in the future the E-SATA will be enabled on the 7xxx series DVRs - but that is still a rumor.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

They are not operational.

The Moto boxes are manufacured on a standard PC board and chassis with end user (Verizon in this case) options selectable.  For whatever reasons, Verizon has decided not to enable the video inputs, USB, or Ethernet ports.  There are rumors that in the future the E-SATA will be enabled on the 7xxx series DVRs - but that is still a rumor.

0 Likes
MrTantrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure why you would want to input DVD into FiOS tuner box in the first place.  The DRV is not a home theater receiver nor can you record DVD's to the DVR.  Also, composite video/audio connections produce the worst possible quality.  You need to connect your DVD player directly to a secondary input on your TV or receiver using component video and optical audio cables to achieve the best possbile DVD playback quality.

0 Likes
pjkiernan

Would have just been easier...I know the quality stinks but its not Blu-ray  so really wouldn't have mattered..Thanks

0 Likes