Wish list-Channel display, need more favorites, need easier navigation to delete and view
clickerman

1) Whenever I change channels, I get an info overlay that shows time, channel, and brief info--it fills about lower 1/4 of screen and does not go away for 5-6 seconds. How to get rid of this display or display for 1-2 seconds so I can see what is on the screen. If I want to know what channel and info, I can always hit info button..........??

or allow a "display channel only" option in modes (e.g., show HD channels only mode) or allow as a setup option to reduce the footprint/area of this info

2)Re favorites and modes, allow more favorite lists and allow choosing which in modes function as above

3)Need better management options re choosing & deleting recorded program to get away from time consuming drop down lists and subcategories e.g. all recorded:  alphabetically or by date

0 Likes
Re: Wish list-Channel display, need more favorites, need easier navigation to delete and view
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

@clickerman wrote:

1) Whenever I change channels, I get an info overlay that shows time, channel, and brief info--it fills about lower 1/4 of screen and does not go away for 5-6 seconds. How to get rid of this display or display for 1-2 seconds so I can see what is on the screen. If I want to know what channel and info, I can always hit info button..........??

or allow a "display channel only" option in modes (e.g., show HD channels only mode) or allow as a setup option to reduce the footprint/area of this info

If you hit the EXIT button on the lefthand side of the remote next to the circle of Arrow Buttons, it will immediately remove the info.  There is a way to change the amount of time this info stays on the screen (I changed mine way back when I first switched to FIOS), but I don't remember how.  Found it somewhere in the menu selections - I think for the remote or maybe the display sections.  Anyway, it's in there!  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Wish list - Channel display, need more favorites, need easier navigation to delete and view
clickerman
thx for the suggestion and I've done that many times, but  hitting the exit button every channel change is a pain. I'll see if I can find where to change the settings per your experience :Smiley Happy
0 Likes