I'll keep this simple.
1. Tried to order a Digital Cable Card on 10/31/2011.
2. Was told to go to my local verizon store to pickup card.
3. Drove to store the next day, was turned away with the store rep saying, "Why are you here, we don't do anything with cable cards. You need to go call back who you talked to and have it shipped." Like you ever speak to the same person twice.
4. Called back.
5. Was hung up on twice.
6. Finally found someone who was even competent enough to place and order and was told the card would be shipped and arrive on 11/11/2011. Yes, it take 11 days to get a tiny cable card to me.
7. On 11/11/2011, I work at home all day and nothing, no card, no call, no message, no e-mail.
8. I'm patient, so now It's 11/17/2011, tried the live chat support service. Prudence on the chat never acknowledged that I had ever called. Like my explaination of the problem didn't exist. Instead tried to sell me an HBO upgrade. Then, placed a brand new order (exactly the same as before) to ship a card to the local store. Here we go again.
8. Called the support line, talked to Darren, and he tried to be helpful but as has always been the case, Verizon has no escalation path to make it right. "You'll just have to wait for the shipment." Is all I get.
Really Verizon, I pay you $2,400 a year for this? You really have serious "procedural issues" if this is the best you can do from a service perspective when people want to add things to their account. Just be fortunate your monopoly position allows you to get away with treating people this poorly.
Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.
Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.