Yamaha Receiver Remote
nabdir28

Can I control the Cisco 335 box with a Yamaha Receiver Remote?

0 Likes
Re: Yamaha Receiver Remote
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@nabdir28 wrote:

Can I control the Cisco 335 box with a Yamaha Receiver Remote?

No.

0 Likes
nabdir28

Thanks.  Didn't think so.  Next question:  Can the FIOS P265 remote control a receiver and other components?  Couldn't finf anything other than TV codes for this remote on the site, but thought I would ask anyway.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the verizon remote only does tv and cable box.   no 3rd or 4th device

your yamaha remote might work,  try this.if it doesn't work, then check the manual online for the remote and it's codes, and see if it has cable boxes listed and if it has cisco listed as a supported brand.

30176 is the code you need . Press Aux and then hold setup until Aux lights up. Enter code. If you want the remote to control the receiver all the time, press Aux and then hold setup until Aux lights up. Enter 993 then press Aux. Aux will flash, now press Cbl and Aux should light up when you use the volume.

0 Likes
nabdir28

Thanks.  Did not find CISCO boxes supported.  My Yamaha receiver remote (RAV331) does not have Aux or Cbl.  The only light is the transmit light.  It has HDMI 1-4,  AV 1-5, V-AUX, [A], [B] and DOCK.  There is a code set that you push with a ballpoint pen.  

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3
There is a Verizon remote that controls four devices, but you have to buy it.  See https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/
0 Likes
Re: Yamaha Receiver Remote - Try Harmony?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@nabdir28 wrote:

... Can the FIOS P265 remote control a receiver and other components? ...

I've thought about what you're trying to do.  Even though it's a bit more complicated, I think you should check out Harmony remotes (see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/3rd-Party-Remote-for-QIP-7232-Anyone-Buell...).  These things take a while to set up and cost a bit more, but they really do the job.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@nabdir28 wrote:

Thanks.  Didn't think so.  Next question:  Can the FIOS P265 remote control a receiver and other components?  Couldn't finf anything other than TV codes for this remote on the site, but thought I would ask anyway.

@PJL wrote:
There is a Verizon remote that controls four devices, but you have to buy it.  See https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/

Hello,

To concur with PJL, in order to control this type of auxiliary device, you'll need a 4-button Verizon FiOS remote to sync the remote to your Yamaha receiver.   The 4-button remote is considered universal as it has the 'DVD' and 'Aux'iliary buttons along with the 'STB' and 'TV' buttons.

The P265 is a 2-button remote that has only the 'STB' and 'TV' buttons.

Once you have a 4-button remote, you can try programming the remote using one of the following methods:

a) from the FiOS TV remote, go to --- Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Program Remote Control.  Select the 4-button remote that you have. Click OK on ''Audio Receiver" (or "Audio Amplifier"), scroll to the right and select Yamaha to obtain the applicate list of codes that would work. Click OK and then on the next screen select 'Show me the programming steps'.

OR

b) from the in home agent application (verizon.come/inhomeagent), click on the 'Remote Control' image. Select 'Program FiOS Remote Control, select your 4-button remote, hit Next until you reach Step 4  Programming your Remote Control -- Select Device Type, click on 'Audioreceiver' or 'AudioAmplifiers', select Yamaha from the list, hit 'Next'. Follow Steps 6 of 7.

OR

c) from the link below, select the User Guide for your Verizon remote

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/setup.htm

and go to the 'Codes for Audio Receivers' or 'Codes for Audio Amplifiers' section for the list of codes and then proceed to the section 'How to Program Your Remote' and follow the steps indicated there.

Do note that If you order a new set top box, the remote that is sent/given by default for free is the newer 2-button remote.

To get a 4-button remote, you can purchase one:

a) online via www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories (note the price and any shipping charges), OR

b) by calling Customer Service at 1-800-837-4966 (note the price and any shipping charges), OR

c) by going to a local Verizon FiOS store (call first to see if they have them in stock; no shipping charge). For a list of local FiOS stores: http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

If all else fails and you've exhausted all the codes, you can try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via live chat or by calling 1-888-553-1555 for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes