Yes, I'm griping. Why can't I get a replacement box on a Monday?
orsawyer
Enthusiast - Level 1
So, our STB has been fritzing in and out for the last few weeks. It's been somewhat tolerable with occasional resets. I called for service 2 weeks ago, and they said they fixed the box, but no such luck. For the last week I've been out of town and it's been completely out which has been an issue for my family at home. I get home late yesterday and call this morning, yes it's a Sunday, please be aware that aside from the wait time (again Sunday) the customer service rep was great and, this time, quickly assessed that we need a new STB. The soonest we can get one, however, is Tuesday. I do know I'm griping, but it just seems like when you offer a 24 hour service, in 2014, you should be able to get service at least on a Monday, if not on a Sunday. The downside for Verizon and upside for us is that this prolonged outage is driving all the rest of my family (including grandma who was the real hold out) to get very comfortable with getting programming from Apple TV and I'm hopeful that means I can cut my bill significantly soon. It just feels like we pay an awful lot of money for having to wait 2-3 days to get a replacement box.
Re: Yes, I'm griping. Why can't I get a replacement box on a Monday?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can go by a Verizon store and do an exchange.
Otherwise, short of sending out a truck just to give you a box, they don't have a way to ship until Monday which means you won't get it until Tuesday.

Can't say I know of any service that you can order on Sunday and have it shipped to arrive to you on Monday.

Quite cost prohibitive.

And not to be snarky, but why didn't your family call to get it replaced while you were out of town?

0 Likes