Yet another STB dead. Two in a month! Thanks phone support!
wickedfish1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It used to be only the customer service was a nightmare. Now the actual product is failing.....and customer service is STILL a nightmare making the whole thing not worth the aggravation.

Why am I paying $160 a month when I cant watch the one channel I want to watch ( NESN CH76).

Horrible pixelation and dropouts. Unwatchable.

I called to see if they could fix it....and they killed the set top box! Second one this month!

The best part is that after the phone support guy had me unplug the STB and plug it back in (thus killing it) he looked into his system and discovered that the channel I was having a problem with is having issues in my entire state.

So there was no need to kill my STB......

Now I have NO CHANNELS until the "new" STB arrives.

This is the second STB they have killed this month.

I think they have reached my breaking point.

0 Likes
Re: Yet another STB dead. Two in a month! Thanks phone support!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF the box died by just unplugging it, then it was about to go anyway.  Just saying.

0 Likes
wickedfish1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You would be correct.....if the box was really dead....

At this point it's hard to say those two boxes really died or not.

The customer service people are quick to say they are dead because that means they have solved the problem.

I'm on my third box in a month now.....

AND I HAVE STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

Channel 76 (NESN) does not come in when the Red Sox are playing.

It is impossible to get to anyone in Verizon with the knowledge or power to figure anything out or do anything actually  helpful.

I tell ya.....Google or Apple TV would be an absolute no brainer for me now.

0 Likes
wickedfish1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok yet another Red Sox game missed due to the poor tech support and non existant customer service of Verizon.

I'm going to keep posting here because this is the only outlet to document this mess.

Verizon apparantly doesn't keep  or use records of tech problems so here I am........AGAIN.

The one channel I want is not comming in and Verizon wont fix it or acknowledge the problem.

I've been a customer for 17 years and have tolerated the idiotic bussiness model of punishing long term customers with higher prices the entire time.  

I'm not looking forward to switching to another ISP/TV service but what choice do I have?

0 Likes
Asestria
Enthusiast - Level 3

Plain & Simple. Verizon sucks more and more each day!!!

0 Likes