Yikes, Box is Working but no picture or sound...tv guide is showing current though....
RockerMom

Ok, I checked the tv, it works fine with vcr, so the pic and audio is good. the box is functioning, changing channels and such. the guide comes on to tell you what is on at that time and shows current, but no picture or sound....whats up with this??? I am in FL. Thanks for any help!

C-

0 Likes
Re: Yikes, Box is Working but no picture or sound...tv guide is showing current though....
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've seen that recently as well, but only on one of my boxes.  Could be that box is dieing.  Usually unplugging and replugging fixes it for a few days for me.
0 Likes
Re: Yikes, Box is Working but no picture or sound...tv guide is showing current though....
RavensRule
Enthusiast - Level 1
You might want to check your Fios TV page on the website to see if it says "Your STB record cannot be found". I started having this problem today. Everything was fine last night. I got forwarded from Verizon to somewhere else where they were supposed to add my boxes back in. The individual said it was done and I should have the picture back momentarily. I waited 1 and a half hours. Called back. gave them the "M" numbers for my 2 boxes. They said it would take up to 24 hours to get the picture back. Unfortunately that doesn't help me when their is boxing on tonight that I want to watch. If it is not fixed in time for football tomorrow I am not going to be happy.
0 Likes
linbird

Not sure if it the same problem but here goes...

Today my DVR box would only show Local Network Channels, everything else would show in the guide and allow me to change channels but the Sound and Video would snap to black within 3 seconds on just about every channel.   Currently Unavailable.

What was strange was that my other non-dvr box had no problems.  So I new it was an issus with my DVR box.

My fix it worked:

Pull the power cord out of the box.  Wait a few seconds and plug it back in.   You will see a rebooting screen.   After that everything worked.

Hope it helps. 

0 Likes