YouTube on FIOS TV Box Hangs
larrysinnj

Often when watching YouTube App on the FIOS TV box, the programming will go to a black screen with the words "Loading..." in the upper right.

Sometimes it will resolve itself after a minute or two, other times the box will lock up completely, requiring me to unplug the AC from the wall outlet.  

We have no other issues with live TV, shows we record on this DVR, or other streaming apps of this box. 

Can anything be done to improve the stability of the connection?

0 Likes
Re: YouTube on FIOS TV Box Hangs
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LarrySinNYC wrote:

Often when watching YouTube App on the FIOS TV box, the programming will go to a black screen with the words "Loading..." in the upper right.

Sometimes it will resolve itself after a minute or two, other times the box will lock up completely, requiring me to unplug the AC from the wall outlet.  

We have no other issues with live TV, shows we record on this DVR, or other streaming apps of this box. 

Can anything be done to improve the stability of the connection?

Are you watching on a mini or the main Fios one box? If it's a mini and you are using wireless connection, that could be the issue. If that is the case, can you hook up the mini via coax or ethernet?

larrysinnj

Main FIOS box.  It's the only TV box we have.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LarrySinNYC wrote:

Main FIOS box.  It's the only TV box we have.

Try unplugging power to the box and router for at least 3 minutes. Power the router back up, and when stable plug the box back in. See if that helps. Also what internet speed do you have? Have you tested it lately?

fnf1

happening intermittently at my house on the main and my son's house TOO!  today twice during watching youtube.  the first time, cleared itself after ~5 minutes,  the second time would not clear on its own AND NO BUTTONS ON REMOTE CLEAR IT!!!  I used the customer support on a mini box to reset the MAIN.  I shouldn't have to unplug my box multiple times a day.  looking for a real solution please.

0 Likes
larrysinnj

Fios One box with no ethernet connection.  No Wi-Fi on TV either.   So YouTube, Netflix, etc. on this TV getting network traffic from Coax only.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@fnf wrote:

happening intermittently at my house on the main and my son's house TOO!  today twice during watching youtube.  the first time, cleared itself after ~5 minutes,  the second time would not clear on its own AND NO BUTTONS ON REMOTE CLEAR IT!!!  I used the customer support on a mini box to reset the MAIN.  I shouldn't have to unplug my box multiple times a day.  looking for a real solution please.

Set-top box can be rebooted here:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools>Reboot STB.

While you're there you might want to try this too:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix FiOS TV Issues

DomSag
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens sporadically on all my boxes (  FiOS 1) since the beginning of the year  

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Clem!

If the hard drive in the main unit is failing, would that cause problems for the remotes even if the drive is not being used? 🤔

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

Hi Clem!

If the hard drive in the main unit is failing, would that cause problems for the remotes even if the drive is not being used? 🤔

I doubt it unless the hard drive is being used to buffer the signal somehow and I seriously doubt that. It sounds like a buffering issue, could be caused by a failing ONT or bad splitters, although that is also a shot in the dark.