YouTube widget doesn't work
Jettbite

I'm a new Fios TV subscriber (4 days).We have a Verizon wireless router. I'm a Mac user with a 6mos old iMac (latest software, etc.). Following the Verizon instructions, I down-loaded Media Manager onto the Mac. When I load You Tube on the TV, I get messages "searching for Computer" and then something like "search failed" or "cannot find computer". We stream Hulu and Netflix with no problems(on a Roku). What's going on???

0 Likes
Re: YouTube widget doesn't work
Hubrisnxs
Legend

is your mac connected with an ethernet cable to the router, or are you doing wireless?    You have to be connected to the actiontec in order for the cable box and the computer to see one another.     If you're connected to an airport express for example, they will probably have a real hard time finding one another.  

ALSO, On their website, I am having trouble seeing if a MAC can do this or not,.   the Min Sys Req talk only about PC's     sooooooooooooooooooooo  that might be the problem too.

https://www36.verizon.com/MM/FiosSupport/SetTop.shtm

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also when you install it - there is a little checkmark that says "share with fios tv"   so do you remember having clicked that?    if not play with the settings and see if you can find a check box like that  

0 Likes
Malumania

I have the same problem but in my case the system is able to find verizon media manager on my Macbook air    which is wirelessly connected to the modem.But when I try entering youtube id and password it doesn't work.I anm anxiously waiting to get a windows pc with 2nd gen intel chip which will enable me to connect computer with tv.

0 Likes