adding a DVD Recorder between MRDVR and TV
Joe

Ok - after hearing the answer I'll probably kick myself for not knowing it; however, I am looking to add a DVD recorder between the MRDVR and the TV so that I can pull off some recordings from the DVR. Essentially I'm using the DVD recorder as a pass through for the signal and just recording whatever is playing on the TV at the time. I was in Costco today and found 2 options of which I think I prefer the Sony RDRVX535 since it appears to have a Component video input and HDMI output. Right now I have component video out between the MRDVR and TV. Couple of questions:

1) is this setup possible?

2) will I see a noticeable loss in picture quality going from component to hdmi? I don't think so; however the other option would be to split the component video and send one to the DVD recorder and the other to the TV...ideally I think the true HD picture would be to use the HDMI between the MRDVR and TV; however, the DVD recorder does not have an HDMI input. Out of curiousity, would the MRDVR output video to both the component jacks and HDMI at the same time? If so, I could then have the component going to the DVD recorder and the HDMI directly to the TV...

0 Likes