adding external storage to DVRs
carlos

when I was a brighthouse customer, I has a DVR with the option of adding external storage devices to increase programming capacity. An external e-sata port was provided to add an external sata drive. Does anyone know if a provision was made for the FIOS DVRs to be able to extend programming time with external storage, I supect the USB port on the DVRS are purposed for other devices like keyboards, but I've not attempted to plug in an USB drive. Any information would be helpful, even upgrading the internal drive if supported  would be acceptable.

0 Likes
Re: adding external storage to DVRs
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

This has been answered a gazillion times here.  None of the ports are active on the Verizon STB (with the exception of the IEEE-1394 for material that is not copy protected - the USB port has power only, no data).  There is currently no way to expand the size of the DVR.  There are rumors that maybe sometime in the future they might enable the E-SATA port (which is only on the 7216 and not the more widely deployed 6416) - TAKE WITH MANY GRAINS OF SALT.

PLEASE USE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!

0 Likes
carlos

Thanks for the reply though I think your last statment was a bit presumptuous. I did search the forums and did not find a current satisfactory response. the last thread I visited was locked hence the new post.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi carlos,

A locked thread only means that no posts can be made to the thread.  You can still read all the posts in the thread for informaton on the topic.  For future reference, pease visit our Frequently Asked Questions thread that we are constantly updating with links to threads covering topics that seem to be asked over and over.  You will find it at the very top of the Residential Services category of boards.

Thank You

0 Likes