agreed to new 2 year contract and lost free multi room dvr for life
Webpowered

A telephone customer service rep told me I could save $10 by agreeing to a 2 year contract.     I originally had a triple play bundle with Prime HD for $139.  I also had a monthly credit of $19.99 for multi room dvr free for life.      The rep told me I could keep Prime HD and pay $129 for a 2 year contract.

When I received the confirmation email, I called back immediately since I had lost my $19.99 credit and was switched to Preferred HD.      I was assured it would be corrected before my next bill.   

In effect, my change has increased my monthly bill, not saving me anything, even though I agreed to a 2 year contract.

A month later it was not corrected.   A telephone customer service rep told me there was nothing she could do, even though the notes  from the 2nd rep were in my account.

After a long conversation she agreed to give me a one time credit of $19.99 plus tax, and start to support ticket requesting my multi room dvr free for life be restored.

I haven't found any reference to my support ticket online, {edited for privacy}.

Can anyone help me get my $19.99 monthly credit for life back?    I don't care if I'm on Prime HD or Preferred HD.  

I don't think it was ethical for a salesperson to sell me something that is supposed to save me money and then have it end up costing more!

Thanks,  webpowered

0 Likes
Re: agreed to new 2 year contract and lost free multi room dvr for life
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi webpowered,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes