Re: anyone else having problems with volume output?
kevint007

Hey Blondie, congrats for finding something that works. Just a quick question though. Do you notice any type of difference between the boxes, in terms of speed, browsing through guide, etc. Because I might end up going this route, if a firmware update is not around the corner. The only benefit of not having this option working , was when I was watching some scary movies, it literally would scare the &%&^ out of me. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
blondie17
Enthusiast - Level 3

We haven't noticed any difference except that some commercials actually seem QUIETER, then the program goes back to the normal (louder) setting.  I am thoroughly happy with this solution.  Go for it!

0 Likes
blondie17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I spoke too soon.  Now we have a MUCH more frustrating issue--the volume on all channels "oscillates" from loud to quiet back to loud--not just that the commercials are quieter, but actual shows now sound as though someone is purposely playing with the volume.  This is drively us nuts!

0 Likes
Davet224

I have been extremely frustrated with the volume output for the last week.  When going back and forth between channels, the sound will be occassionally absent.  This happened at the same time as the guide no longer being full screen.

0 Likes
VOLUME OUTPUT
bucboy76

If Verizone can't get this fixed..then everyone should tell everyone they know to drop Verizon.

This ridiculousness about not fixing the sound output and "heavy" not working because of the update is ridiculous

0 Likes
Re: VOLUME OUTPUT
Ugh

Just got off the phone with support.  They say there is an incompatibility problem with HDMI cables and some set top boxes and don't know why.  I don't know if I buy this or not, but I switched from HDMI to coax connections and got my volume back (but no HD signal).  Verizon is sending me Component cables to use instead.  Once they figure out how they goofed and resolve that issue, HDMI should work again.

Component cables should provide the HD signal.

0 Likes
dariarch1

My local channels the volume is, OK, but on the other channels I get a very low volume, usually have it on 35 now it is on 50- the highest It can go,

0 Likes
tjpatt

only the 7126 box.....They said they are going to send me new HDMI cables.....This will not fix the problem. I know it. It's rthe box... I wish I could get a new box.

0 Likes
fontdude

I just got Fios a couple weeks ago and we have been having the same problem. Seems to be worse with HD channels. Your watching a show and then the volume just starts to get louder. You turn down the volume - then a few minutes later it starts to get lower so you turn it back up. This is really annoying. The picture quality wasn't as good with cable, but you didn't have to keep messing with the volume.

0 Likes
MrBethesda
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely!  I've had to turn the volume up by 5-10 units to hear it properly now.  But what is REALLY annoying is that the volume varies from channel to channel, especially when switching between TV and radio.  The radio channels still have the same volume they've always had---a level which is uniform through all the radio channels.  But the volume on the TV channels is all over the place.  Certainly Verizon has the technical capability of monitoring the sound levels and adjusting them accordingly.  Why don't they do it?

0 Likes