call waiting not working
dalleman

My call waiting is not working.  If  someone is trying to call and I'm already on the the phone it cuts me off from the person I'm talking with.  This is not the first time this has happened, it's very annoying...........please fix it!

dalleman

0 Likes
Re: call waiting not working
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello dalleman,

There are several things that can cause this type of issue with call waiting flash.  The most common is the phone you were using.  Can you unplug that specific phone from the wall jack then try to replicate the issue on a different phone in the home?

To assist any further I will need to get some information from you which we will do in private to protect your security.  Please perform the initial test above and respond to my private message I have sent you.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: call waiting not working
goodnessnmercy

Same thing has been happening to me for a few years, and was told by Verizon "nothing" they could do about it...happens on every phone I use.  Cuts off the conversation so I cannot hear the other party, and it's not just for a few seconds.  Call waiting signal comes in multiple times, quite loudly, not softfly at all.  At the end of the call, I oftentimes cannot get an outside line for a while.  Verizon has been here to try to replicate the issue, without success.   Frustrating! Back to copper wire?

0 Likes